Ever since the sun rose of human civilization, India has been famous for its education and philosophy. It is a miracle of all Indian education objectives that Indian culture has always demonstrated the world and is still alive today. Even in the present age, great philosophers and educationists are trying the same thing that education has differentiated the purpose of education of every era in India, hence, before highlighting the right objective for a democratic country like present India, we will know about Importance of Higher education objectives in India and we have to go towards the past. In the following lines we are putting light on the objectives of Indian education of the ancient and current two eras –
(1) Purity and Goodwill of Life – Developing the feelings of purity and religious life in every child’s mind in ancient India was the first objective of education. Before the beginning of education, fulfillment of the Upanayan Samskar of each child; holding fasting of different kinds while attaining education; Praise of the glory of God in the morning and evening; and observing religious festivals in the total of the Guru etc. All things, Developing holiness and religious feelings in the brain makes him spiritually strong. Thus, the direct objective of all kinds of literary and professional education was to make the child a holy and beneficial member of society.
(2) Character Creation – The second purpose of ancient education of India was to create a moral character of the child. In that era the Indian philosophers had the firm belief that writing and reading is not education, but by developing moral emotions, it is absolutely necessary to create a character. Manusmruti has written that a person, who is a good friend, even if the knowledge of the Vedas is reduced, is better than a person who does not live a pure life while being a scholar of Vedas. Thus, the character of each child was considered as the main duty of Acharya in that era.
- Why Learning Process Is Limited to Classrooms Only
- What Is the Meaning of Education Psychology?
- What Are 10 Specific Things to Motivate Students to Learn
In this regard, the instructions for the letters were written on the pages of each book in the form of formulas, and from time to time, the orders of ethics were also given by the teacher and in the presence of children, Ram, Lakshman, Sita and Hanuman were presented examples of Mahapurushas Were. To say this is that the atmosphere of education of ancient India used to provide support for character creation.
(3) Development of Personality – Developing the child’s personality as a whole was the third objective of ancient education. To achieve this objective, the child was considered to be the most necessary to develop a sense of self-respect. Thus, in every child, effortless efforts were made to develop self-confidence, self-reliance, self-control and discretion and decision etc. to fully develop their qualities and powers.
(4) Development of Civil and Social Duties – The fourth objective of India’s ancient education was to develop civil and social duties. To achieve this objective, it was emphasized that humans became socially, not selfish. Thus, the child was taught to follow his duties to the country or society in addition to his parents, son and wife. The meaning of this means that the then education created such people who could be able to contribute equally in the advancement of society by following their duties.
(5) Social Skills and Advancement of Happiness – The advancement of social skills and happiness was the fifth objective of ancient education – this objective was achieved by giving future generation training to different branches of knowledge in business and industry. In the contemporary society, the work-split syndication was prevalent. This is why Brahmins and Kshatriya kings also were born and the boy and Shudra Darshanik too. But despite all this, it was appropriate for the general person to adopt the business of his family. This enhances the efficiency of each business. As a result, there was continuous progress of social skills and happiness.
Building the Right Objectives of Education in Present Day India
India has been in bondage of slavery for thousands of years. Therefore, neither our education was based on Indian culture nor any national purpose of our education could be maintained. On August 15, 1947 our foreign control ended. From that day onwards India is a Sarvastra democratic Republic. It is a matter of note that democracy is in the hands of those citizens who are studying in today’s schools. In other words, the spirit of democracy is education. Therefore, our democratic government, academics, philosophers and social reformers have experienced the need to build education for the proper objectives of education, based on the Indian culture and to make a new democratic society successful.
Hence the Government of India –
(1) The appointment of the University Education Commission
(2) Secondary Education Commission
(3) Kothari Commission. These commissions have set the following objectives of Indian education keeping in mind the needs of the society and the individual –
The University Commission Has Set Forth the Following Objectives of Indian Education –
(1) Expanding discretion.
(2) To awaken desire for new knowledge.
(3) Trying to understand the meaning of life.
(4) To arrange for vocational education.
Development of Democratic Citizenship – India is a secular republic. To make the country’s democracy successful, making every child a true, honest and creative citizen is absolutely essential. Therefore, the ultimate objective of education is to teach the child democratic citizenship.
Efficient Life-Giving Initiation of Art – The second purpose of education is to give the child a living in society or in the art of living. By being alone, neither the person can do life-long or fully develop. For the development and welfare of society, it is necessary to understand the importance of co-operation through practical experiences while understanding the need for co-existence.
Growth of Business Skills – The third objective of education is to advance business skills in the children. There is a need for vocational training to achieve this objective. Therefore it is absolutely necessary for the children to have respect and interest in labor and emphasize the work of handicrafts.
Development of Personality – The fourth objective of education is to develop a complete personality of a child. The development of a person is the development of the child’s intellectual development, physical, social and professional etc. All the parties and creative edities. According to this objective, children should be motivated to carry out creative and creative tasks so that they create various types of interests such as literary, artistic and cultural.
Education for Leadership – India now needs leaders who can provide ideal leadership to the country. Therefore providing education of leadership is the fifth main objective of education. According to this objective, we should develop the qualities of discipline, tolerance, sacrifice, social feelings and civil and practical skills etc., in which they grow and play their responsibility successfully in all areas of political, social, economic and cultural areas. Able to lead successful.
Increasing Production – The first objective of current democratic India is to increase production. With the increase of population in India, production is not growing. We see that there is still a lot of urgent need for food items, textile medicines and spare parts etc. in our country. For all of this, we have to look at other countries. We want us to speed up production in different areas here.
Development of Social and National Integration – National Integration is essential for the reconstruction of the nation. With the absence of this unity, all the citizens, regardless of the interest of the nation, are busy only fulfilling their own personal interests; hence the nation becomes weak and vulnerable. As a result, he has to go to the abyss one day. The meaning of this is to say that social and national integration is essential for the creation of a nation.
Strengthening Democracy – Education is the ultimate necessity to make democracy successful. So strengthening democracy is the third objective of education. To achieve this objective, the education system should be done in such a way that each person can achieve the ideals and values of democracy. The Commission has presented some concrete suggestions for improving democracy and generating national consciousness through education, which is very useful in the above view.
Modernizing the Country – Due to the development of scientific and technological knowledge in the developing countries, new research is being done day by day. As a result of this research, ancient traditions, beliefs and attitudes are changing.
Therefore, the Commission has proposed that in the course of the curriculum, human subjects should also be included in the curriculum so as to increase the human values along with industrial progress, and every citizen can achieve social, ethical and spiritual values. In order to achieve this objective, the Commission has presented many suggestions.
My name is Salin Royed. This site is connected with the instruction related subjects and theme. I have presented this blog for instructive reason. Here, you can see instructive related points. Expectation you will like it.